LDYC is on the outskirts of Deneysville village, 120 km or 80 minutes drive from most areas on the Witwatersrand and is within driving and sailing distance to Villiers and Oranjeville. Deneysville itself hosts 4 other Yacht Clubs.
The Vaal Dam’s shoreline runs for approximately 600 kilometers and is home to 8 other yacht clubs and 6 marinas. Situated on the banks of the Vaal Dam, LDYC is by far the largest yacht club with 420 full members, who fund and run the establishment on a volunteer basis, with the support of full time staff.
We offer a full range of membership options to suit your lifestyle and pocket. The Club is sited on 44 hectares which provides ample camping and weekend caravanning sites additional facilities include:
- Club Cottage which sleeps 6 or Club Caravan which sleeps 4 (bring along bedding, food and towels) 150 permanent members’ caravan sites.
- Strategically spaced drinking water taps throughout
- Laundry cum dishwashing room
- Spotless ablution blocks powered by gas to deliver endless piping hot water for showers and baths.
- Cosy Pub complete with central Jetmaster fireplace for winter evenings
- TV tuned into the DSTV Sports Channel
- Dart board
- Pool table
- Drinks sold at discounted, club prices
- TV viewing area (with M-Net) in our Clubhouse
- Playground slides and swings
- Fenced swimming pool
- Lots of safe space to ride a bike or throw a ball
- Active Junior Sailing Club which holds regular, sailing weekends fully supervised by adults teaching sailing from basics to advanced levels.
For Family & Friends:
- Snacks, coldrinks and ice are always available
- Central braai area supplied with charcoal in front of the Clubhouse
Tele: (27) 016 371 1393 Fax: (27)016 371 2343 Cell: 082 570 3367
Check out the LDYC website on www.ldyc.co.za